· Mining in Bolivia: Recently, silver prices have surged up to 18 an ounce during August and September 2019. Silver and gold have inherent value as a medium of exchange and as a store of value, which makes them reliable revenuegenerators. Recently, silver prices have surged up to 18 an ounce during August and September 2019. Additionally, during periods where negotiations by world .
Mining investment in Bolivia has continued to suffer the consequences of nationalistic policies, which have included cases of expropriation or nationalisation, some of which continue to be contested by international arbitration under bilateral investment treaties. Others have been settled. However, significant old projects have continued, involving at least four foreign investors. .
· Upside Down World reports: The Silent Advance of Chinese Mining in Bolivia Worsens Water Scarcity and Pollution "Throughout the province of Nor Caranges we notice the damage that the mine brings to the environment and our health. The headwaters of the River Sallala have dried up. For generations we have been raising llamas. It's our.
· Bloomberg (2018, December 3) Bolivia's Almost Impossible Lithium Dream. Accessed April 26, 2019. JSTOR Daily (2015, August 20) Bolivia Plans to Mine the Salar de Uyuni for Lithium. Accessed April 26, 2019. Mining (2015, August 20) Bolivia: Where revolutionaries and lithium miners go to die. Accessed April 26, 2019.
· Bolivia occupies an area of 1,098,581 square kilometers. The country has a thriving and growing mineral exploration industry. This is due to consistent investment by Canadian and USbased mining companies. It is estimated that half of Bolivia's economy is based on its mining operations alone. The Bolivian government has consistently supported progold .
Historical mining sites and dumps are stered around, but there are no active mining activities currently. In 1995, Rio Tinto completed four diamond coring holes totaling 1,267m with the best intercept 220m 45g/t Ag, % Pb and % Zn from to in hole BER3 in the northern silverleadzinc mineralization area, and 12 reverse circulation holes totaling .
· Bolivia boasts one of the biggest lithium reserves in the world. After Luis Arce was elected the country's new president, exploration hopes are mounting, especially among German investors.
· At the beginning of December, President Luis Arce met with the representatives of the 14 Federations of Mining Cooperatives of Bolivia (Fencomin) to work on the plan to reactivate this sector. The president pointed out, through his Twitter account, that the mining sector is "important for the Bolivian economy." "We are aware that the economy must be .
· In 2011, after a competitive bid between 10 countries, Bolivian stateowned mining corporation (COMIBOL) decided to partner with similarly staterun Korean Resources Corporation (KORES) to research mines around the capital, La Paz. In 2018, German firm ACI Systems Alemania (ACISA) partnered with YLB, Bolivia's national lithium company, to develop mines .
· Bolivia's recent decision to nationalize Glencore's Colquiri [zinctin] mine "will pose a number of serious questions relating to the government's future policy towards foreign investment in the mining sector," the diversified natural resources group warns.. Glencore said the nationalization was announced just as the company was finalizing the renegotiation of mining .
· Bolivia's state mining company, COMIBOL, owns the Cerro but licenses its operation to cooperatives and a handful of multinationals. "They are responsible for safety in their own houses," says Oscar Cáceres, a COMIBOL geologic engineer, explaining that the state is not liable for mine deaths or accidents. Cáceres' team polices the mountain, keeping people out of .
· Bolivia boasts one of the biggest lithium reserves in the world. After Luis Arce was elected the country's new president, exploration hopes are .
· A GermanBolivian joint venture will start mining lithium from Bolivia's salt flat – the largest reserves in the world. It's a vital resource for making batteries and will help Germany in ...
· A mining complex to extract lithium and potassium chloride is currently being run on a 40 square kilometers area in Bolivia's Salar de Uyuni salt flats. The government says it's .
· Glencore's Bolivian zinc assets include a 100% stake in Sinchi Wayra and 45% stake in Sociedad Minera Illapa. Glencore has agreed to divest its zinc business in Bolivia to Canada's Santa Cruz Silver Mining in a deal worth about 110m. Santa Cruz Silver Mining will buy the Glencore holding ...